Friday, September 16, 2011

Fried Tofu and Roasted Veggies

Cooking is pretty much limited to the weekends for me. At least anything particularly involved. During the week I go from work to work outs with only an hour or so in between. So most of the time I'll make a large batch of something on Sunday and eat the same thing all week. Luckily I haven't gotten bored of the weekly monotony yet.

I have a rotation of meals that I go through, and wanted to add something in that didn't include meat. I found a recipe for Crispy Tofu Triangles and thought, I could give that a try. Sure, I've never liked tofu in anything else before... but, fried? That could work. 

To go with, I decided upon roasted veggies. Possibly my most favorite side ever. I also added in some Thai sweet chili sauce to dip the tofu in. If you haven't tried it, please, go out right now and buy some for yourself. So. Good.



For the tofu, follow the link above to the recipe. It's super easy, even for a tofu newbie!

As for the veggies, I'm sure everyone has a favorite way to roast veggies. It's so simple and you can easily change it up with different herbs or liquids. Generally I'll do a few crowns of broccoli and a head of cauliflower spritzed with some olive oil with some fresh cracked pepper and salt over top. 
Or, I love love love Penzeys spice mixes. Pick any of them, they'll always turn out good! Some of my favorites include the Northwoods and Cajun mixes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment